I’ve posted about Rogelio before.
His song “People In LA” is my current nominee for jam of the month. If you haven’t heard of it, check it out below. It’s criminally underviewed with less than 5,000 views in the last 16 days.
I tried to do a little internet searching on who Rogelio was and despite being a lyricist, like a real lyricist, who clearly has a lot to say, he actually doesn’t like to talk to much. In fact his twitter description says “People talk to much”. However, Rogelio is a cool guy and was down to answer my questions I sent him.
1. Where are you from? Do you still live there or did you move?
Rogelio: I don’t really talk about it, nor do I think it matters. I live in LA though.
2. Does where your from have any influence on your music?
Rogelio: Yeah, a bit, but not as much as it used to when I was a kid, now I’m mostly influenced by the Internet and other artists.
3. How long have you been rapping?
Rogelio: : Since I was in like 6 or 7th grade.
4. Did you have any rap names before Rogelio?
Rogelio: Jung Tomohawk, I thought I was clever for like a week.
5. There’s something that’s been bothering me every time I listen to People In LA, why do you say “LA High School Part 2?” at the beginning?
Rogelio: Cause in Highschool everybody cares about who you are and being cool, living in LA is like that all over again.
6. Was there any specific moment or person that inspired you to make your song People in LA?
Rogelio: Yeah but they shall not be named.
7. What’s the dopest thing to happen to you since you started making music and releasing product?
Rogelio: People actually liking it. I still don’t believe people do.
8. What did you do today?
Rogelio: I woke up at 6:30 and took a Benadryl cause my allergies were bothering me, it hit me hard so I fell back asleep.
9. Whats in your pockets right now?
Rogelio: I’m in my bed in underwear right now, so nothing.
10. Who are your biggest influences?
Rogelio: It changes all the time. Drake though, Ye though, Frank though, Drought Era Wayne, Orson Welles there’s a lot.
11. What are your goals?
Rogelio: I don’t tell people my goals.
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Rogelio: I don’t know, I have a lot of self-doubt so I don’t really know.
13. Want to give any shout outs or promote something?
Rogelio: Listen to my music and follow me on Instagram @rowhellyo.