Interview with Hooligan Chase
I first heard Hooligan’s music while on an internet rabbit hole and I came across his tracks birthday, now some of my personal favorites by Hooligan Chase include;
- Aw Pobrecito
To describe his work. I would say Hooligan makes interesting, caustic, creative, art trap, RAP… If John Mulaney went under the wing of Lil Yachty and Riff Raff, I imagine Hooligan’s music would be what was made. Oh and he produces a majority of the beats he raps on! Though he won’t admit to having any production influences, which I simply can’t believe. His beats are so f*cking crisp and artistic, yet no influences? aight homie *eyeroll. Anyways, I found out a lot about the artist by the name of Hooligan Chase and below you can too.
1. How did you come up with the name Hooligan Chase? Have you had any other rap names?
Hooligan Chase: Coming up with that name was easy, i knew i wanted to have my real name in there and ima fucking hooligan so idk it kinda just came together lol. i havent had any other rap names but i’ve had hella producer names cuz i’ve been producing for a minute.
2. Who are you?
Hooligan Chase: I am hooligan chase, a scumbag white boy probably wearing dirty clothes
3. Where do you hail from? Does that any influence on your music?
Hooligan Chase: I’m from Cary, North Carolina and it really has no influence on my music whatsoever. My town is like preppy and southern lol. Ima rare breed
4. Are you involved in your local rap scene or no?
Hooligan Chase: Depends what u mean by involved, like everybody round here fuck w my shit but im not like involved w any other rappers here or anything.
5. What’s the dopest thing to happen to you since you started rapping and releasing product?
Hooligan Chase: i’ve been getting my dick sucked way more than i used to, so thats cool
6. The beats you rap on are pretty fire. Who makes the beats?
Hooligan Chase: I make all the beats myself actually. Only song i have thats not produced by me is that turkey bacon song
7. Who are your biggest producing influences?
Hooligan Chase: I dont really have any producing influences but i used to love like 9th wonder and madlib, guys like that
8. Who are your biggest rapping influences?
Hooligan Chase: I listen to a lot of old rap like M.O.P., Outkast, Pharcyde, shit like that. I also am inspired by shit like Paramore or Gorillaz. I fucking love Paramore lol
9. What are your goals?
Hooligan Chase: My goals are to basically jus fuck up the rap game lol. Calling it the rap game is so cliche I know but I just want as many people as possible to hear my shit.
10. Who has been your favorite artist(s) to work with?
Hooligan Chase: I literally have worked with nobody lol. I sell features to random people that hmu jus cuz im broke as fuck and need money but all of them suck so yeah i really haven’t worked with anybody.
11. Do you have any advice for other rappers?
Only advice I have for other rappers would be watch out cuz im takin yo spot bitch
12.Have you sold a lot of beats?
Hooligan Chase: ive sold a good amount of beats yea.
13. What do you charge for beats?
Hooligan Chase: i usually sell like $40 leases and $100 exclusives.
14. If not producer influences. Do you have any sounds, art, video game, pop culture influences? when making your beats.
Hooligan Chase: Nah i dont really have any influences when it comes to making beats
15. What do you charge for features?
Hooligan Chase: i only charge like 40 for features, everyone always tells me i should charge more but i really dont care
16. I haven’t seen any music videos for your songs that I could find, why so?
Hooligan Chase: i have yet to make a music video, one day
17. Have you been doing any shows? where at?
Hooligan Chase: Haven’t done a show yet either but i really want to
Curated Flame links: