New flame: What are you sayin?
I want to say this sucks. I really do. But I can’t because I’ve probably listened to this song/watched this video 10 times in the last two days.
There’s a little YouTube/rap scene going on that’s apparently on the rise. It’s Atlanta and southern female “street rappers” that are HEAVILY INFLUENCED by three things, the late great Speaker Knockerz (R.I.P.), Lil Kim, and cartoons from childhood.
I haven’t dove all the way down that YouTube hole yet but two of the bigger artists seem to be Bali Baby, whose in the video above, Asian Doll, and Rico Nasty. I will talk about the other two in another piece.
1. Just like the artist Bali says throughout her video, I am sure if you played this to most people they would say “What are they sayin”.
2. I imagine this is what my little sister would listen to.
3. This is the definition of Ratchet. But damn if it isn’t entertaining and catchy.
4. New genre – Bubble Gum Hooker Trap Rap.
5. This song is awesome but the rest of her catalog is mehhh at best.
Side note: If a pretty white girl gets her hands on this Speaker Knockerz/Cartoon shit and does a passing job at it, I’m telling you they will blow da fux up. Someone should either call Tally from The Rap Game or someone should make absolutely sure she doesn’t find out about this recipe! It’s one or the other.